Friday 16 December 2011

ANCIENT PEOPLE THOUGHT BREATH = SPIRIT

Try reading the ancient Egyptian papyrus of Ani 1500BCE. Those people thought their breath was their spirit. See Ecclesiastes 3v19 Mans fate is the same as the animals, all have the same breath / spirit, John 20v22 Jesus breathed on his disciples and said 'Receive the holy spirit', Job 37v10 The breath of God produces ice.  Interesting to look at Acts 2v2 talking of arrival of Holy Spirit- "Suddenly a sound like the blowing of a violent wind came from heaven and filled the house" Anyway  where is heaven? Where did the wind come from. Up in the sky? How could you know where it came from?  Look at on-line Bible Biblos.com Gen 1v2 the Hebrew word for 'Spirit of God' is the same as 'wind'. Bible was written in pre-scientific culture where people guessed at basic things. They thought spirit / breath forced into you to make you alive.

 Try  Biblos Gen 1v2 & look at index for Hebrew of Spirit of God. Same word used in Psalm 51v11 'take not your Holy Spirit' from me  just means don't take life giving breath away or I will die. See John19v30 "Jesus bowed head and gave up his spirit" = breathed his last?
Well if you go to Biblos and look at Acts 7v59 where Stephen says "Jesus receive my spirit (pneuma)"= breathed his last fits well, then look through other references of pneuma. In Rev 11v11 there is a story where many people are struck down dead then v11 But after 3.5 days a BREATH OF LIFE (pneuma) from God entered them, and they stood on their feet. Then they heard a loud voice from heaven saying to them "come up here" [Richard Branson?] & they went up to heaven in a cloud [Spaceship One ?]. The End is nigh?

Also 1 Corinthians 14v14 For if I pray in a tongue my spirit (pneuma) prays  but my mind is unfruitful. V15 So what will I do?  I will pray with my spirit (pneuma), but I will also pray with my mind; I will sing with my spirit but I will also sing with my mind
John 3v8 The Wind (pneuma) blows wherever it pleases.

Ezekiel 37v5 The sovereign lord says to these dry bones: I will make breath (this word can mean wind or spirit) enter you, and you will come to life. I will attach tendons to you and make flesh come upon you and cover you with skin; I will put breath in you, and you will come to life. Then you will know that I am the Lord. V9 come from the 4 winds, o breath, and breathe into these slain, that they may live. So I prophesied as he commanded and breath entered them; they came to life v14 I will put my Spirit in you and you will live.

No comments:

Post a Comment