Friday 16 December 2011

WORKING CLASS HERO ?

As soon as  you’re  born they make you feel small
By giving you little information and pretending that’s all
Til the pain is so big you feel nothing at all
A good Christian child is something to be ?
A  one sided perspective is something for me ?

As soon as  you’re little they make you feel ill
By telling you that, you’re all heading for hell
Unless you can manage to roll up a hill
A modern bright person is something to be
A sceptic thinking hero is something to be


Well now  I’ve  read the books of Loftus and Price
And I think that they are mostly all very nice
And about old Writ they have made me think thrice
A working class hero is something to be
An enlightened atheist is something to be

Well they have told all the reasons to think that hell is a myth
And shown that there’s no good reason to think it exists
So I’m puzzled as to why that damnable doctrine persists.
A modern civilized person is something to be
A freethinking hero is something to be

Well if you’ve been worrying for 20 odd years
And if it has blighted all your career
Then here are the reasons to allay your fear.
Why didn’t Lennon mention Russell, Wheless or Paine
Maybe he feared the trouble it would get him in?

If you want to be a hero then just follow Humphreys
If you want to be a hero then just follow Dawkins

[ why didn’t I ask myself, why has Lennon written those lyrics? What reasons does he have to support that idea? What does he know that I don’t? What has he read that I haven’t? I've been too stuck in myself, my own wee world, listening to voices of scorn, too sluggish of thought]

No comments:

Post a Comment